Monday, May 28, 2012

From Aung San Suu Kyi


 
“If you're feeling helpless, help someone.”

…………………………………………..
“The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear”
…………………………………….
“You should never let your fears prevent you from doing what you know is right.”
……………………………………………………………………

“Fear is a habit; I am not afraid.”
……………………………………
“To view the opposition as dangerous is to misunderstand the basic concepts of democracy. To oppress the opposition is to assault the very foundation of democracy.”
…………………………………………………………….
“I don't believe in people just hoping. We work for what we want. I always say that one has no right to hope without endeavor, so we work to try and bring about the situation that is necessary for the country, and we are confident that we will get to the negotiation table at one time or another.”

………………………………………………………….
“The struggle for democracy and human rights in Burma is a struggle for life and dignity. It is a struggle that encompasses our political, social and economic aspirations.”
………………………………………………………….
“There is too much violence already in our world and we’ve got to try to do something about this.
 Are we not educated enough? Are we not intelligent enough, as a human race, to find solutions which are not violent? We should be able to do this. This should be part of our education.”
…………………………………………….
“Very small things make me happy. I’ve learnt to be happy with small things, such as for example the ability to be able to go to bed early one day. I think myself “Ha, I am going to bed early today.” And that’s make me happy. I think this is one of the things we have to learn if we live the kind of life that I do. You have to learn to be happy with little things and to treasure them as part of life.”
……………………………………………………
“I only think that challenges are interesting and they are there to help you to become a stronger person.”
……………………………………..
“But if you don’t know why you are doing what you are doing, then you cannot be effective. It’s a matter not just of faith but also of thought. You have to think out your philosophy and you have got to think out your tactics and strategies very carefully.
……………………………………………….
“I was born a Buddhist but I don’t think we are born good with this. I think we have to work at it. Buddhism like any other really good educational process is all about learning to know yourself, what you are as a human being and what you are capable of as a human being and that helps a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment